Estimates suggest that 77% of Irish businesses are not engaged in e-Commerce in a “meaningful” way.
One of the goals of the National Digital Strategy is to get a further 2,000 businesses trading online by the end of 2015.
With this in mind, the Department of Communications,Energy & Natural Resources (DCENR) recently launched the Online Trading Voucher Programme, run through the Local Enterprise Offices.
Initially piloted in Dublin, the pilot programme, as of June 2014, has been rolled out to the following areas:
- Dublin City & County
- Cork City & County
The Online Trading Voucher provides a maximum of €2,500 towards allowable expenditure.
Allowable expenditures include items such as:
- Development or upgrade of an e-Commerce website
- App (or Multiplatform webpage) development
- Implementation of a digital marketing strategy
- Training\skills development specifically to establish & manage an online trading activity
Your business may qualify for consideration if it:
- Has been established for over 12 months
- Has less than 10 employees
- Has a turnover of less than €2 million
- Has a limited online trading presence
At Zone Digital Ltd we are happy to advise businesses on how they may be able to avail of this great support scheme, as well as providing a full set of digital marketing services which may qualify for the Online Trading Voucher Programme.
We have offices in both Dublin & Cork, and would be delighted to discuss the programme, and possible benefits for your business, with you.
Contact us for more details we’d love to help you avail of this programme.